Since Daniel is the family cook and he has been working more I thought I’d share my go to dinner recipe. I’ll be honest I love to make breakfast and bake but I am in no way enlightened in culinary ways. That normally falls to Daniel. This Parmesan Chicken recipe is easy and delicious. When I make it for my extended family everyone thinks I am a great and wonderful chief! Which as you and I know I am not.
I change it up depending on how I want to cook it but I typically get chicken breasts or chicken tenders packaged at the local grocery store. I also buy parmesan cheese, I have noticed that the small crumbled cheese works better then the shredded cheese.
I put the chicken, eggs with seasoning, and cheese in separate bowls next to the prepped pan. It helps with the mess if there is less space the chicken has to travel. I season the egg wash with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it up and add a little water or milk and it is ready to go. I add butter to the pan and let it warm over medium heat as I coat (make sure to coat the chicken well with the cheese) the chicken and put on the pan.
Over medium heat I pan fry the chicken. I wait about 3-5 mins on each side to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way and the cheese is nice crispy and golden. Once it’s done I let them cool and serve. For extra deliciousness serve on a bed of pasta or add a little pasta sauce and parmesan on top.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 7-14 mins
Total: 30 mins
Amount: Serves 4
- 2lbs of Boneless Chicken
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of Water or Milk
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 2 Cups of Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tbsp of Butter
- Prep chicken – I like to cut off any fat
- Add seasonings and water to eggs and then beat
- Place parmesan in a bowl
- Warm pan and butter over medium heat
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg wash and let excess drip off
- Coat generously in parmesan
- Place in pan and turn after 3-5 mins or until golden brown
- Remove after the other side is golden brown
- Plate and serve (for an added touch place on a bed of pasta or add pasta sauce and sprinkled parmesan cheese on top)
[…] Breakfast Casserole — Hungry Pandas […]